Wednesday 16 February 2011

Today's cardio combo

Todays training once again started at 6am.  First I did 20 minutes on the cross trainer, initially on level 10 of 20 and then I ended up on level 20 (the most difficult level) as I got quite pumped up to the music.  Following this I did one hour on the static bike in hill training mode.  Today was therefore more of a strength/ interval session that a steady rate cardio session.  I thought this would help to further increase the muscle strength in my legs and thus help to support my knee even more when I start running again.

After the cardio I spent a good 20 minutes stretching and doing hip stabilisation exercises.  I am so far from being able to do the box splits it is incredible, but with frequent stretching maybe I can get a little bit nearer.  When I used to do martial arts I could do a sidekick above my head.  I would like to be able to do this again.

That's all for today folks as I need to get some sleep ready for my next training session which surprise surprise is tomorrow :))

No comments:

Post a Comment