Monday 21 March 2011

Short quick run of around 45 minutes

The original plan for tonight was to do a medium intensity run of between 1 and 1.5 hours.  However, I finished work much later than I planned and I wanted to get back and have dinner with Anny, so decided instead of a medium intensity run to do a higher intensity run of around 45 minutes.

I checked my target heart rate according to my training plan before setting off, and it was meant to be 147-150bpm for a time of between 30 and 45 minutes.  If you look at my data on the Garmin site http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74387400 you will see my heart rate was an average of 145bpm, so just a fraction below the target zone (2bpm to be exact) although it went up higher in some places to a maximum of 159bpm.  I am guessing this is when I saw the pedestrian crossing lights turning to red and sprinted across the road.

My calf muscles still feel slightly tender from the weekend's 33km long run from Zurich to Rapperswil but other than that I feel great.  The sports massage tomorrow will sort that out.  Although first before then I have an hour of yoga.  The last remnants of fat will soon be banished - there is no way I am eating more calories than I am burning at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment