Tuesday 22 March 2011

Yet another run, and sponsorship update

Tonight was the planned middle distance run of between 1 and 1.5 hours at a heart rate of between 132 and 146bpm.

According to my Garmin data http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74539089 I was nicely within the target training zone with an average heart rate of 139bpm and a maximum heart rate of 147bpm.  The total running time was 1 hour 12 minutes and 47 seconds and the total distance covered was 13.32km.  As you can see from the elevation gain it wasn't exactly flat with a gain of +120m.  I felt pretty good except that my legs were starting to ache towards the end.  Negrita came with me and she kept up with me fine until the last few km.  I have done yoga today and then after that I had a sports massage, so I guess it's normal my muscles are a little tender.  There is certainly no hint of pain and I would describe the feeling as "healthy aching".  Anyone who does sports on a regular basis and pushes their limits rather than staying always within their comfort zone will know what I mean.

On a separate note I am surprised that there are not many entries into the Holmes Place Zurich membership competition.  It really is a great prize.  The gym membership alone is a nice prize, but the spa membership just tops it off.  Don't forget that I have 2 memberships of 6 months to give away, and based on how many people have entered so far your odds of winning are outstanding.  All proceeds go to Mencap towards my fundraising target and what is £20 in aid of a good cause.  In Zurich that will only buy you 4 beers or 2 cocktails.  If you have friends or family in Zurich who you think may be interested please let them know about the competition.  All the details are in red on my fundraising page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulJanes.

So that's me done for tonight.  Time for some stretching, a hot bath, and then to wind down and get some rest.  Night folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment