Friday 24 June 2011

Plans for the weekend before the Marmotte

I haven't cycled the last couple of days, as I have been cross training a bit instead.  But I did cycle home from work today.  It is a rather short ride but anything is better than nothing.  This is the time when I wished I lived in Cham again, as that would have been a really nice long ride home.  Where I am now though, the time it takes to put on and take off the kit is actually longer than the ride itself.

This weekend is the last weekend before the Marmotte cyclosportive, so I don't have any crazy plans like 4 pass rides for the next few days.  I will be going out on the bike though.  Anny's mum is visiting so I will spend some time with Anny and her mum and some time on my bike.  I haven't decided exactly how far I will go yet, but I may well do 1 lap of the Zürichsee on Saturday and 1 lap of the Zürichsee on Sunday.  Being a flat route I can put in as much power as I want.  The distance is around 70km so that should take 2 and a bit hours.

If I feel like a 1,000m climb or so there is always the option to turn off at Richterswil, head up towards Finstersee and then go up to the nature reserve on the hill there.  I will really just base everything on how I feel, although a 1,000m climb at the moment is really not that challenging for my fitness level and should be perfectly possible to do without overexerting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment