Sunday 10 July 2011

Sometimes after running the vertebrae become stiff

This is a strange one, but a few times the day after running, or even sometimes a few hours after running, one part of my back stiffens up.  It feels like the vertebrae are all bunched up, and if I move in certain directions it pulls on my back, and at the same time feels like it is restricting my breathing.

I have also sprained my intercostal muscles a few times after running.  I don't know what the trick is to eliminate these kind of problems.  Maybe I need to stretch more before exercise.  But the problem is rather small as it usually goes away soon after a massage, or after a couple of days it just gets better by itself.

I have booked a massage for tomorrow so I only have to put up with it for today.  There are a lot worse things that can happen to people than a tight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment